Revitalize Your Skin with Microneedling Therapy and Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture
At Grand Madison Acupuncture, we’re excited to offer two different types of facials: Microneedling therapy and Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture. Each innovative treatment rejuvenates the skin and stimulates natural collagen and elastin production, addressing multiple skin concerns such as acne scarring, hyperpigmentation, skin texture, and fine lines and wrinkles.
Read more about each therapy below to learn about their benefits and differences. We recommend a combination of both treatments for best results.
Both treatments include body acupuncture points. Eastern medicine views the lines, wrinkles and condition of the skin as a reflection of the internal organs of the body and the expression of habitual emotional responses. The face cannot be separated from the rest of the body – in order to treat the face, we take a holistic approach to treat not only what appears on the face, but factors within your body that may be contributing to drooping, sagging skin such as diet, hormonal imbalance, digestive and circulatory issues. We’ll also address factors such as stress or underlying emotional scars that may lead to physical lines and wrinkles.
General health benefits may include and are not limited to: increased energy, focus and clarity, improved sleep and digestion, reduction of stress, jaw pain, headaches and sinus issues.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling therapy, also known as Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT), involves using a microneedling pen to insert very short, fine needles into the skin for the purpose of rejuvenation. This process creates micro-channels in the skin, stimulating the skin’s own repair response by producing collagen and elastin to heal the controlled injury that was just created, making the skin smoother and tighter. Due to the shallow depth, microneedling treatments performed at Grand Madison Acupuncture are gentle and relatively painless. It offers an effective yet minimally invasive solution to enhance your skin’s health and appearance.
Benefits of Microneedling
Microneedling is a NATURAL WAY to stimulate collagen and elastin production and to treat and improve the following conditions:
- Acne scarring
- Fine lines & wrinkles
- Skin texture
- Loose skin
- Pore size
Microneedling therapy is beneficial for boosting overall skin condition. It’s highly effective for reducing acne scarring. For those battling with fine lines and wrinkles, the boost in collagen and elastin works to plump and thicken the skin, reducing signs of aging. For loose skin, microneedling can improve elasticity, helping to tighten and firm the skin. It also refines skin texture and reduces pore size, giving your skin a more even, youthful appearance. Additionally, microneedling can address brown spots and pigment issues by promoting a more even skin tone.
What To Expect?
- Recent research shows a shallow treatment of only 0.5mm obtains optimal results. Treatments are gentle and painless.
- Results are seen and felt immediately after the first treatment. Skin should glow and feel tighter. Maximum results are shown when patients do between 4-6 treatments.
- It takes 2 weeks to fully see the results from the treatment due to cellular turnover rates.
- You must wait 1 month before doing another microneedling session. However nanoneedling and cosmetic facial acupuncture may be performed weekly to increase and speed up the results.
- Results in research studies are shown to last between 4-6 years
- We use pure ingredients and holistic herbal topical serums suited specifically for your skin type and concerns to achieve optimal results. Our apple stem cells are shown in research to promote facial stem cell rejuvenation by over 80%!
What Is Red Light Therapy?
- Included with each microneedling session
- Also known as photobiomodulation, RLT is a natural, non-invasive healing modality that delivers beneficial light directly to your body and cells utilizing wavelengths which are naturally emitted by the sun
- Photons of light are absorbed by mitochondrial chromophores in skin cells, increasing electron transport and energy production (ATP) in the mitochondria, while stimulating blood flow and metabolic processes such as the synthesis of DNA, RNA, proteins and enzymes need to repair or regenerate cell components
- Stimulates cellular energy and collagen synthesis, fibroblast formation, anti-inflammatory action, stimulates DNA repair
- Improves acne and wound healing, eases pain, enhances energy, promotes collagen, improves wrinkles, stimulates hair growth
What is Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture?
Facial Acupuncture involves the insertion of very fine specialized needles for the face. Similar to microneedling, facial acupuncture creates a controlled injury to the face to stimulate the skin’s own repair response. Your skin produces collagen and elastin to to heal the controlled injury that was created, creating smoother and tighter skin while boosting circulation to improve dull complexions.
Cosmetic facial acupuncture sessions also include facial cupping and guasha.
Benefits of Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture
Cosmetic Facial Acupuncture is also beneficial for overall skin condition and is used to stimulate natural collagen production. Benefits include:
- Brighten dull skin
- Reduce wrinkles and lines
- Lift drooping skin
- Facial lift and definition of the jaw, chin, mouth, eyebrows, and cheeks – naturally enhanced using muscle motor points
- Recommended 1x per week in-between microneedling treatments (only allowed once per month) in order to increase and speed up the results.
In addition to brightening dull skin and reducing fine lines and wrinkles, cosmetic facial acupuncture excels at lifting drooping skin. By working to strengthen and lift facial muscles, facial acupuncture can provide a facial lift and give definition to the jaw, chin, mouth, eyebrows and cheeks.
A LA CARTE PRICING
For best results, it is recommended to have at least 4-6 microneedling sessions (once per month), with facial acupuncture once per week to increase and speed up the results. Research shows that the results from microneedling last 4-6 years.
Experience the transformative power of microneedling therapy and cosmetic facial acupuncture to unlock the true, natural potential of your skin.
Questions? Contact Us For A Free Consultation Or To Schedule An Appointment.